Free spins are a common type of casino promotions you will come across in New Zealand. But there is a saying that nothing good comes so easily. Therefore, you need to be more careful when it comes to accepting free spins. You need to be aware of the terms and conditions attached to each casino free spin before taking advantage of them.
Most casinos use free spins as an incentive to attract new players. Yet they are free, and you won’t need to play real money on them. So it is good to be reminded that casinos usually offer them because of their return. The idea is to get you signed up and remain a loyal player who will refer other players.
So, if you consider starting the gambling act in one of the numerous online casinos in New Zealand, you need to know how the free spins work, the types available and how to claim them. This article will guide you through all you need to know about free spins (a type of welcome bonus).
The essence of casino bonuses is to provide the player with the benefits to increase and sustain traffic on any platform. It is usually used as a promotion tactic. A welcome bonus is the most popular casino bonus at the New Zealand online casino. It is a bonus given to new players or first-time members signing up to the casino platform. It can be in the form of free spins, match bonuses or no deposit bonuses. Welcome bonus helps you build trust in a casino by playing risk-free for real cash.
Several online casinos offer mouthwatering welcome bonuses to lure more players into signing up for their casino platform. But we advise you not to be in a hurry to hit the sign up button until you have assessed the casino site you choose to subscribe to.
What are free spins?
Free spins are a special type of promotion offered by online casinos in New Zealand, where you get free rounds on online slots. That is, you get to spin the reels of the pokie machine for a chance to win. It is among the most common type of welcome bonuses at an online casino.
Whether you are a novice or an expert, free spins are an appealing offer. You can enjoy them without betting any of your real money on the outcome. In other words, these free spins are 100% free to claim and play.
The number of free spins given is dependent on the online casino you visited. For example, some free spins might be game-specific or limited to a specific game provider. With free spins, you can practice playing slots freely without risking your money using your free spins.
No deposit is required to use your free spins to play your favourite slots. Instead, you receive a certain number of spins to play. You can spin the reels with these free spins as often as you want until you exhaust them.
Among the welcome bonus types found in an online casino, free spins are included. Usually, they come with some terms and conditions, including available slots, wagering requirements, bet size, etc.
Types of free spin promotions
Having explained the different types of welcome bonuses, emphasis will be more on free spin bonus types. This is because they do not mean the same thing, and you should know what each one represents:
- No Deposit Free Spins: as the name implies, no deposit is required to claim these free spins are called instant spins. No deposit free spins are available as a welcome bonus incentive for new players. By signing up in any of our recommended New Zealand online casinos, you can get your free spins. Depending on the casino site, the bonus may be awarded automatically after registration. Better still, you may need a bonus code to qualify for this promotion. In reality, you will probably need a unique code about 10-20% of the time. Usually, the offer will be automatically triggered upon successfully signing up with a casino and verifying your email. Once the free spins are used up, players may need to deposit some funds before they can cash out their winnings.
- Free Spins Deposit Bonus: upon making a first deposit, you get free spins as a reward. Once you’ve created an account and fund it, you automatically receive the free spins as part of a welcome bonus. Also, you may receive free spins on subsequent deposits.
- No Wager Free Spins: the wagering requirements of each casino site vary. For some, it might be straightforward to withdraw your winnings or free cash, while others might come with a strict wagering requirement before you can make any withdrawal. Free spins allow some casino operators to include challenging wagering requirements, making it tougher to withdraw winnings. But with no wager free spins, you can withdraw immediately without any problem. This type of welcome bonus is void of wager requirements.
- Loyalty Rewards and VIP Free Spins: also referred to as promotional bonuses. When you register on some casino site, you usually automatically become part of the loyalty programme. Active players are often rewarded with extra prizes with better terms and conditions on their welcome bonuses. You can also claim this type of bonus to receive all the additional benefits involved.
- Real Money Free Spins: these spins allow you to win real money. You receive free spins from playing slots for free, and your winnings can be converted to cash and sent straight to your account.
Why do casinos give away free spins on sign up?
There are various reasons why a casino will decide to award new players with free spins upon signing up. The common reasons include (but not limited to):
1. A promotional award to join the specific online casino. Mind you, the number of free spins varies. Some casinos might make it plenty like over 50 spins to be more competitive and lure in more players.
2. The casino may want to promote a particular slot machine and decide to give free spins to players to try it out, see how it works out, and refer other players. If it needs improvement or modification, they can quickly correct it through players’ comments or reviews.
3. At times the software provider might want to introduce a new slot game to the market. So, for players to be attracted and promote such a game, they give out free spins to enable interested players to try out.
Free Spins Advantages
Free spins come in handy when searching for an online casino to join. Some of the advantages you will get from it include:
- While playing a new game, they help to build confidence. This is because you have free spins to experiment with before putting in real money.
- You can use the free spins to play for real money. Before putting in your hard-earned cash, try playing with a free spin bonus and see how well you win.
- It helps build trust with the casino site. When your accounts get credited with winnings from free spins that means they are reliable, and you can trust them with your real money.
- It makes you feel valued. Who doesn’t like a welcome package or freebies for newcomers? It shows that you are valued and welcomed into the platform.
- It allows you to explore the casino’s game selection. If you can utilise the free spins on all games, then your chance of trying out other games is unlimited.
Disadvantages of free spins
- You may need to play for a certain number of times to wager your bonus before you can withdraw.
- Free spins may need to accumulate over time and are difficult before you can win a large sum, but not impossible. This is because they are usually on the smallest coin size.
- There might be a choice of slots where your free spins apply to a specific game and not all games type.
- They are usually not the same as offered by casinos. Some may require you to deposit first before claiming.
How do we review free spins casino bonuses?
Remember, we are your best plug for online casinos in New Zealand. Because we love kiwi players so, our goal is always to give you the best gambling experience on your games. Before we recommend any New Zealand online casino or you, our experts have thoroughly researched and tested the casino.
Therefore, before we even select an online casino for New Zealanders, we ensure we first verify them. These are the steps we took to ensure we hold a perfect verification:
- We signed up with the casino
- We submitted a valid payment method
- We claimed the no deposit free spins as specified in the bonus terms and utilised them on specified games
- We withdraw our earnings to confirm it is legit to get your money after once done with promotion.
Take note, we did not attempt withdrawing until the completion of the entire wagering requirement. So, you also should not enter because it is likely that your bonus is removed.
These steps are just a part of the numerous steps we took to review a free spin casino site. Other steps we took include verifications of licenses, customer service responsiveness, payment methods, acceptable currencies, wagering requirements, payout speed, site security etc.
We recommend the free spins bonus (welcome bonus) on our casino website section upon completing these verifications. So, any offers you find on our list are trusted and safe to use.
What are the Benefits of Playing with New Zealand Free Spins
A lot of benefits are derived by registering and playing with New Zealand free spins. Before you decide whether to play using free spins or not, you should know the benefits you can obtain.
- Absence of risk: no matter the platform you choose to play, it doesn’t harm your budget. You can always prevent risk by playing with free spins first.
- Try new games and casinos: free spins is an excellent way for kiwi players to try out several new games and even casinos.
- Access to promotions: you also benefit from the same offer as those who deposited to play, not minding whether you are playing with free spins.
- Easy accessibility: free spins casino site is more accessible because they can attract many players.
- Low-risk entertainment: free spins casino is a great way to have fun at low-risk spending. So while you spend less money, catch fun as well.
- Best option for beginners: you can get familiar with and know the best play strategy as a novice when you play for almost free. It is a great way to enjoy gambling as a starter.
The majority of free spins and bonuses on the New Zealand casino market come with wagering requirements. The wagering requirement is also called a playthrough or a rollover requirement. It is the minimum amount of money a player must gamble before withdrawing any of their winnings from the casino site.
Also, it is the number of times a player must bet the given amount to cash out. Not until you meet this requirement (differs from casino to casino and from game to game), you won’t be able to withdraw your winnings.
A lot of New Zealand free spins are subjected to wagering requirements. Instead, it tells a player the number of times you will have to wager bonus money before it can be claimed as cash and withdrawn from the casino into your account.
When looking for wagering requirements, you are likely to see different numbers like 5x, 10x, 20x, 30x or even more. There are several casinos with varying wagering conditions that kiwi players can choose from depending on their choice.
Casinos offering free spins without wagering requirements will state that on their bonus terms and conditions page. Most times, you may need to find out the specific wagering requirements of a casino. The fact that they forgot to mention it does not mean it doesn’t exist. So kiwis are advised to be more vigilant.
Compared to other bonus types, free spins tend to have a higher wagering requirement. The reason is that casinos want players to stick to their site after claiming the free spins bonus rather than using it instantly and never coming back.
More Chilli PokiePlay
Lucky Beans PokiePlay
Queen of the Nile PokiePlay
Where’s The Gold PokiePlay
No (zero) Wagering Requirements
Among the hundreds of online casinos that New Zealanders can choose from is the one with zero wagering bonus requirements. It implies that you claim the promotion without a need to bet the amount of money a certain number of times.
Zero wagering requirements mean that you need to play no required number of times before you can cash out your funds. All you need to do is to take your bonus with no wagering requirement and cash it out. Although, there are only a few casinos that have no wagering bonuses.
The main benefit of the no wagering requirement is to allow players to keep the winnings and withdraw them anytime they wish without restriction. It is no longer news that no wagering casino bonuses are becoming more popular daily in New Zealand. Nobody likes to lose money, especially if there is a probability of getting every fund without a risk.
Here is how the no wagering requirement works on free spins
Take for instance, a casino site is giving new kiwi players 50 free spins with no wagering requirements for registering or depositing with the casino. That means, when you play and win with the free spins bonus you can quickly cash out your winning at any time you wish. The number of times you play does not matter in this case.
Low Wagering Requirements
The fact that the casino industry keeps growing and more competitive gives room for some adjustments in their policy. Every casino site wants to have all players on it. Therefore, they start attracting new players with a low wager bonus. Low wagering casino sites have close to no playthrough terms. They are usually as low as possible and between x5 and x15 on the bonus figure (not the deposit amount).
Finding a low wager casino in New Zealand is very easy because we have provided a list of them. Just go through their terms and conditions to know which one you want to sign up with. We have been able to recommend only reputable casino providers. They accept New Zealand players and have a generous bonus(es) for you to have a fun gambling experience.