If you are looking for the best no deposit casino bonuses in New Zealand, then be sure of getting plenty of amazing offers. Many best online casinos are offering no deposit bonuses to players, especially New Zealand players.
No deposit casino bonuses are very popular and most sought after by gamblers. This is because you get a chance to play without having a deposit and cash to win real money. No wonder New Zealand casino sites are happy to give out the offer to kiwi players for free to get them started. There are different types of no deposit casino bonuses in New Zealand for kiwis out there. The type of bonus differs from casino to casino and from game to game. There are steps to follow to claim these promotions effectively. Claiming these offers is a great way of increasing your winning chances without risking your own money.
In this article, we covered almost everything regarding the best no deposit casino bonuses in New Zealand. Things you should always look out for in every casino site (terms and conditions), and we thoroughly explain the wagering requirements. Our experts did not forget to recommend the best no deposit casino bonuses available in New Zealand to kiwi players.
What is a no deposit casino bonus?
One of the generous promotions casinos can offer new players is a no deposit bonus. It is a favourite reward used to attract thousands of players. Just as the name implies, it is a promotion where you receive bonus cash for creating an account. No deposit is required to obtain the bonus cash. For New Zealand gamblers who want to try out a new online casino, a no deposit bonus is a great way to try. This bonus allows you to gamble for free using free spins or free cash.
New Zealand online casinos offer no deposit bonuses so that new kiwi players can create an account with them instead of their competitors. Instead, they use this bonus to value their players to enable gambling more appealing on their site.
No deposit bonuses are always in the form of a fixed amount of money. Usually, they are quite minimal in value and can pile up over time. This amount is enough to get you familiar with the platform. But to test a real money online casino game, you can’t use a no deposit bonus unless you deposit some funds on your own.
Also, to withdraw your no deposit bonus, you need first to make a deposit. The casino sites are very smart and won’t be giving away piles of cash just like that. You need to fulfil the site requirement before you can make a withdrawal of your New Zealand no deposit bonus. They usually come with some conditions which you must have read in their terms and conditions.
What are the different types of no deposit bonuses?
We want New Zealanders to be familiar with the different types of no deposit bonuses available in online casinos. This will make you take advantage when signing up on them. What you need to know about them are as follows:
- Fixed cash no deposit bonus: this a fixed amount of money new players can use to explore the casino and try out a few casino games. Fixed cash bonuses allow players to explore and decide which casino sites and games they prefer.
- Free spin no deposit bonus: you are given free spins to use on slot machines (one with no wagering requirement). On the terms and conditions, you will know the slots or games applicable to the free spins.
- Free play no deposit bonus: New Zealand casinos use this type of no deposit bonus to attract new players. Whether you call it no deposit welcome bonus, welcome offers or sign up bonuses, they are referred to as free play no deposit bonus. Just by signing up, you are eligible to claim a casino bonus and play for free. The bonus money on this type of promotion is credited to your casino balance. You can use the money to bet on eligible games. Withdrawals are subject to wagering requirements and you need to first make a deposit.
- Timed no deposit bonus: this is a time-limited bonus. You must use the no deposit free spins within a set time frame.
- Cashback bonus: some casinos refund part of player losses back to them. It is not subjected to wagering requirements.
How New Zealanders can claim their no deposit bonuses at an online casino
When you properly follow the steps when signing up with an online casino, be sure to get your no deposit bonus. Some of the popular casinos’ games kiwis can play for no deposit bonuses are slots, poker, blackjack, roulette, video poker and craps.
Gaining access to your no deposit bonus cash after qualifying is not as easy as signing up and cashing out. We want New Zealand online casino players to claim their no deposit bonuses easily. That is why we have explained the steps to claim it. Ensure to read the terms and conditions before you claim any bonus to know what you are entering.
- Sign up or register a new account with your chosen online casino. Ensure you verify your email account, banking details as well as other necessary information.
- To claim your no deposit bonus, enter your code. In some casinos, you may need to show interest by contacting customer service to receive the bonus.
- If you are signing up via an affiliate site, you will need to enter the alphanumeric bonus code the site provides.
- If a bonus code is required to activate the no deposit bonus and the site didn’t ask for a code, find the “bonus” section of the online casino site and click.
- You must meet the conditions needed to access the no deposit bonus (e.g. wagering requirements).
- Once you have signed up and claimed your no deposit bonus, the funds are transferred to your bankroll during the specified time frame as stated in the offer terms and conditions.
- Deposit the minimum: this is between 10-20 of the currency type (i.e. NZ$ 10/20). Once that is deposited, you can get the full amount or many spins instead.
Suppose the casino site does not ask you to enter a code before claiming the bonus. In that case, the no deposit will automatically be available in your account within the first few minutes of setting up the account. In reality, you are likely to need a special code about 10-20% of the time. In some cases, the bonus will trigger automatically once you successfully sign up and verify your email with the casino.
The key terms and conditions of a no deposit bonus
We always advise kiwi players to read the terms and conditions of the offer when utilizing no deposit bonuses. This will guide you to taking the necessary steps needed to take advantage of the bonus(es). Here are few things we think New Zealand online casino players need to know when utilizing their no deposit bonus:
- Time-frame for use: depending on the type of the no deposit bonus given, it will be available for use within a certain period. During this time frame, you need to use your bonus. Failure to utilize it during that period, you won’t be able to use them again. The time limit for use is usually found or stated on the “bonus” terms and conditions page. For some, it may be between 24 hours to 7 days, while some fair casinos give up to 30 days.
- Wagering requirements: casinos use this to ensure that you bet a specific amount of money before withdrawing your winnings. This also implies that your free bonus cash can’t be withdrawn once credited into your account unless you make a particular deposit (usually as demanded by the casino site).
- Eligible games: your no deposit bonus offer types are game-specific. So, you can only use these bonuses on certain slots or games. When choosing your New Zealand no deposit bonus, you should consider this.
- Restricted availability: some no deposit bonus offers may be restricted to a specific country. But if you stick to New Zealand casino sites, there is almost zero chance of disappointment by an offer aimed at another country. Most New Zealand bonus offers are available across all their brands’ local sites.
- Maximum win: depending on the type of no deposit bonus, there is usually a maximum win or withdrawal limit.
The majority of free spins and bonuses on the New Zealand casino market come with wagering requirements. The wagering requirement is also called a playthrough or a rollover requirement. It is the minimum amount of money a player must gamble before withdrawing any of their winnings from the casino site.
Also, it is the number of times a player must bet the given amount to cash out. Not until you meet this requirement (differs from casino to casino and from game to game), you won’t be able to withdraw your winnings.
A lot of New Zealand no deposit bonuses are subjected to wagering requirements. It tells a player the number of times you will have to wager bonus money before it can be claimed as cash and withdrawn from the casino into your account.
When looking for wagering requirements, you are likely to see different numbers like 5x, 10x, 20x, 30x or even more. There are several casinos with varying wagering conditions that kiwi players can choose depending on their choice.
Casinos offering bonuses without wagering requirements will state that on their bonus terms and conditions page. Most times, you may need to find out the specific wagering requirements of a casino. The fact that they forgot to mention it does not mean it doesn’t exist. So kiwis, you should be more vigilant.
Compared to other bonus types, no deposit bonuses tend to have a higher wagering requirement. The reason is that casinos want players to stick to their site after claiming a no deposit bonus rather than spending it instantly and never coming back.
How is the wagering requirement calculated?
We want kiwi players to understand how the wagering requirements work and how it is calculated. Therefore, we have provided a typical example for you to understand better.
In the first instance, let’s assume you received 30 free spins upon registering with a casino site. You played and won NZ$60 on your free spin, and it has a 20x wagering requirement of the free spin winning. This means you have to wager 20 times before you can withdraw your money. Therefore, the wager total is NZ$60 x 20 = NZ$1200. Now, the implication is that your fund must be NZ$1200 before you can withdraw.
Second instance, a gambling site caught your attention, and after registering, you receive a no deposit bonus of NZ$30. But, it comes with a 60x wagering requirements, the value of the bonus in 30 days. So, it means that in 30 days, you must wager a total of NZ$30 x 60 = NZ$1800 before you can claim any of the cash you won.
Therefore, the lower the wagering requirement, the better is the deal. It can also determine which casino site will be best for your needs.